This 108 Mala Eight Trigram prayer necklace is handmade by skilled Tibetan craftsmen. High polish little Bodhi seeds make up the primary beads.
The eight spar-kha correspond to the Eight Elements and eight cardinal points or directions. The following chart lists the spar-kha their corresponding Chinese equivalent and their directions.
- 1. ☰ the Creative Force, Sky: Khen (Ch: Qian 乾); direction: North West
- 2. ☱ the Joyous, Lake: Dva (Ch: Dui 兌); direction: West
- 3. ☲ the Radiant Sun, Fire: Li (Ch: Li 離); direction: South
- 4. ☳ the Arousing, Thunder: Zin (Ch: Zhen 震); direction: East
- 5. ☴ the Gentle, Wind: Zon (Ch: Xun 巽); direction: South East
- 6. ☵ the Abysmal, Water: Kham (Ch: Kan 坎); direction: North
- 7. ☶ the Calm, Mountain: Gin (Ch: Gen 艮); direction: North East
- 8. ☷ the Receptive, Earth: Khon (Ch: Kun 坤); direction: South West